Captain’s Kale Caesar Salad Dressing
Hey what’s up everybody, today I am in the kitchen and i’m making my famous kale caesar salad dressing! This recipe is in Jill and Tori’s cook book, Fraiche Food, Full Hearts. This dressing is so easy to make, your friends and family will love it and you can store it in the fridge for a few days. Let’s get started!
Here is a list of what you’ll need to create this amazing salad dressing:
(Makes 2-3 servings)
1/4 cup – olive oil
1 tbsp – pickling vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
2 tsp – dijon mustard
2 tsp – anchovy paste
1/2 tsp – Worcestershire
2 cloves garlic minced
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp – grated parm
2 tbsp – Miracle Whip
Half a lemon squeezed
Kale Salad ingredients:
More Parmesan Cheese
Now let’s get into it!
- Grab a mason jar. If you plan on doubling or tripling this recipe to make a bigger serving, make sure you grab a bigger container!
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pour in 1 tbsp of pickling vinegar, add a bit extra if you like some tang to it
- Add 2 tsp anchovy paste and 2 tsp dijon mustard (add some more mustard if you’d like some more bite to your dressing)
- Grind some salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- Now put the lid on and give it a good shake to mix it!
- Throw in 2 cloves of minced garlic, give it a quick little stir
- Add 2 tbsp of grated parm, add the lid back on and give it another shake, make sure all the cheese is mixed in
- Add 2-3 tbsp of plant based Miracle Whip, put the lid back on and give it another shake!
Give your dressing a taste, if you’d like to add some more tang, you can squeeze half a lemon into the dressing and shake it up again. Usually I add the lemon juice onto the salad when i’m serving it fresh!
There you have it! The captain’s kale caesar salad dressing is done! The dressing can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days, or you can use it right away.
Now let’s finish making the salad:
- Lightly chop your kale and put it into a serving bowl
- Add your favourites croutons
- Pour in the caesar salad dressing
- Sprinkle some more parmesan cheese on top
There you have it! One of the best and easiest salad’s you can have, enjoy!